‘Communicating in Challenging Circumstances when People are Experiencing Loss and Grief – a workshop for non-clinical staff’
Thursday 8th March, 9.15am – 4.15pm, with presenter Liz Gleeson.
This workshop will support non-clinical staff in developing communication and relational skills when dealing with loss and grief. Both a theoretical and experiential approach will be taken. The importance of self-care will be explored.
On completion of the workshop participants will:
• understand the landscape of loss and how it may manifest in the individual;
• improve communication skills and active listening techniques;
• learn strategies to sensitively interrupt, transfer or terminate calls or conversations;
• learn how to avoid the pitfalls that might exasperate grief and cause upset;
• understand the importance of self-care when dealing with challenging circumstances.
The Irish Hospice Foundation, Bereavement Education & Resource Centre, Morrison Chambers, 4th Floor, 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2, D02 YE06.
€100 (1-day workshop) includes light lunch/tea and coffee.