You are warmly invited to an Open House Evening on Thursday 26 April at the DCU All Hallows Campus, Gracepark Road, Drumcondra – the new home of Mater Dei Institute’s programmes in theology, philosophy and ethics. The Open House will run from 6-9pm with a series of short taster lectures and updates from 7-8pm.
• 6-7pm Refreshments and information on programmes, postgraduate research opportunities, and scholarships (drop in as you can).
• 7pm ‘Theology after Mater Dei Institute? The Academic Study of Religion in a Secular University’ with Dr Ethna Regan, Head of School.
• 7.10pm ‘Emerging Debates in Ethics’, Prof. Bert Gordijn.
• 7.20pm ‘Atheist Critiques of the New Atheists: A Theologian’s Interpretation’, Dr Peter Admirand.
• 7.30pm ‘Refusing the Apparent: A Really Short Introduction to Philosophy’, Dr Ian Leask.
• 7.40pm ‘The Book that Shaped Ireland: Introducing a New Project Exploring the Bible in Ireland’, Dr Brad Anderson & Dr Jonathan Kearney.
• 8-9pm Refreshments and information on programmes, postgraduate research opportunities, and scholarships (drop in as you can); meet with staff.