Parish of Kilnamanagh – Castleview: Parish Catechist
The Parish of Kilnamanagh – Castleview was constituted in 2008 and is currently recruiting a Catechist. This position is offered initially on a 6 month, part–time basis (18 hours per week).
The role of the Catechist will be to work with the priests of the parish and any volunteers in preparing parents and their children for the sacraments of initiation and to animate parish liturgies.
Reporting to the Parish Priest the role will involve:
• The planning of parish based Sacrament of Initiation programmes
• Building up strong working relationships between home, school and the parish
• Building up the Parish Baptism Team and implementing the Diocesan Baptism Pastoral Programme
• The implementation of the new Primary School Religious Education Programme
• To assist in planning and animating Sunday liturgies to include the development of a music ministry
• A third level qualification in religious teaching or theology from an accredited college/university
• Knowledge of current sacramental preparation programme is essential
• Commitment to the essential teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the ethos of the parish
• Experience of parish work is desirable
• Experience in a similar previous role is desirable
• Up-to-date computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite
• The ability to relate with ease and enjoy working with children and young adults
• Flexibility regarding working hours
• Be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and possessing an ability to work as part of a team
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter, marked Parish Catechist Recruitment, to Rev. Michael Murphy, Kilnamanagh – Castleview Parish by 5pm on Thursday 10th December.