VACANCY FOR HEALTH CARE CO-ORDINATOR
The Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin is the largest diocese in Ireland and shares the mission of the Church to make the gospel of Jesus Christ a reality in the lives of people today. A vacancy for a Health Care Co-ordinator has arisen to provide assistance to the Priest with pastoral responsibility for sick and retired priests of the diocese.
The role is being offered on a permanent and full time basis (35 Hours) per week.
Current responsibilities for Health Care Co-ordinator
Reporting to the Priest with pastoral responsibility for sick and retired priests of the diocese the Health Care Co-ordinator will:
- Visit priests and in conjunction with their line manager develop care plans
- Liaise with the HSE regarding support services such as home care, occupational therapy and public health nursing services as well applications for full time care
- Advice priests on their medical entitlements and services available
- Provide, organise and deliver health care seminars for the priests of the diocese
- Liaise with other Diocesan Offices in support of sick and senior priests where necessary
- Accompany priests to hospital and clinic appointments as is necessary
- The successful candidate will be a qualified, registered health care professional with a minimum of five years experience
- Possess a particular capacity for working with the elderly and have post-graduate qualifications and experience in this area
- The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be empathetic to the ethos and philosophy of the Diocese
- Driving licence and use of a car are essential
- Be able to work flexible hours
- Have the ability to take initiative and work as part of a team
Applicants should send a covering letter along with curriculum vitae to the address or email below before 5.00pm on Tuesday 25th February 2020.
Human Resources Office, Holy Cross Diocesan Centre, Clonliffe Road, Dublin D03P2E67.
More information from – Tel: 01 8360723 or email: Judith.email@example.com
VACANCY FOR PARISH OFFICE & CENTRE MANAGER
St. Brigid’s Parish, Cabinteely wish to recruit a Parish Office & Centre Manager on a full-time, fixed term basis, 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, including occasional weekend work. This role is offered initially for a period of one year and flexibility is required.
Reporting to the priest in charge of the Parish, the role is to provide administrative assistance to the priest in charge in the day to day running of the parish office while professionally managing the Parish Centre, ensuring its’ objectives by supporting and developing its’ staff and volunteers as well as sourcing funding through appropriate commercial activity in addition to managing the day to day running of the centre.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Previous experience in a similar role;
At least 5 years administrative experience is required;
People management experience including working with volunteers;
An understanding of the voluntary character of community work;
Catering or event management experience;
Proficient in MS Office;
Familiarity with current health and safety legislation.
Applications should be sent with attached up-to-date C.V. and Covering Letter indicating how your skills and experience match the role advertised.
Applications may be posted or emailed to: Fr. Aquinas Duffy, Acting Moderator
C/o. St. Brigid’s Parish Office, Johnstown Road, Cabinteely, Dublin D18 YP96.
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that short listing of applications may take place followed by no more than two interviews for candidates that progress through the recruitment process. References from two previous employers will be sought for suitable candidates.
Candidates successful at interview will be required to complete an on-line pre-employment medical questionnaire.
Closing date for completed applications is 5.00pm on Friday 28th February 2020.